Monday, June 30, 2008

June 2+3

On Monday the Italian language class went to the Brek, a self-service franchise restaurant, at piazza bra for class. All I had was an espresso, but that seemed to tide me over for hours until I made dinner, I made pasta with a simple cream sauce and a side dish of beef with peppers and mushrooms. It was simple but tasty, and served to help use some of the mushrooms we picked up. Plus since I cooked for my classmate, she agreed to do the dishes, win-win, I get to cook and I don’t have to clean. The next day was an interesting culinary mix, first I had a lemon gelato during my break. I was pleasantly surprised, it tasted exactly the same as the Italian ices I would get back at home. For lunch I had another kebab, only downside was the mayo and ketchup they put on it but whatever still good. And I then picked up an apple from Verra Frutta for a snack, I had bruscheta for dinner at the Cappa, nothing fancy but still a decent meal.

No comments: