Monday, June 30, 2008

May 28,29+30

Wednesday was sort of a dull day as far as food went, I had lunch at the university cafeteria, where I had a pasta tomato, ham, and an oil dressing and a banana for dessert. Later that night I went back to Creative hot dog for dinner and due to a miscommunication I walked off with two hotdogs, both with onions cheese and french fries, only one of which I ate that night. The next day I had the remaining dog for breakfast, which meant I was full when the food culture class decided to do field work exploring kebabs, which didn’t bother me much since I had already had a kebab. However that evening was interesting, since I had to observe Italian hand gestures for my language class I went to a bar where I could do just that. I order an aperitif the exact details about which I have forgotten, if recall correctly it included orange juice, white wine, and some bitter that I am not familiar with. I was able to finish both the drink and the assignment and decided to head back to the apartment and I was certain I knew where I was going…I fucking hate when I feel certain of something, I found myself at the Cappa CafĂ© about 7 blocks up river from where I expected to be, However the photo professor had spoken highly of the Cappa so I decided to check it out. I was not disappointed, in fact it was much nicer than the exterior would suggest, in the interior the tables all had candle light. The place seemed to me to have a nice beatnik feel to it has if it belonged to or was a determining factor to a small slice of fifties Americana. Anyway, I ended up having a midori spritzer and bruscheta. The next day a group of us joined the Italian professor in heading to Lake Garda, at the train station I again picked up a sandwich, this time the bughy made with mushroom, cheese, and prosciutto, wasn’t too much mushroom which can sometimes be an issue for me, it was pretty good. When we got to the lake we all had lunch at this nice german franchise where I got melon and prosciutto with a nice glass of beer, probably not the best fitted match up but no regrets. In the evening we went to see a free concert that was being but on for charity, we ate at a restaurant near the concert, I had their veggie pizza made with tomatoes, spinach, and eggplant. The pizza was fantastic and the music was great, however the last tune they play is one I best associate with the Blues Brothers, not only were the two singers mediocre but they choose this song to make all the announcements during. So they would start singing just long enough for me to accept their voices for what the were and appreciate the big band pumping out the melody, then all of a sudden they would stop add the band was stuck looping the chorus like elevator music.

No comments: