Monday, June 30, 2008

May 24+25

After finally get the sleep that we all desperately needed our professors knew that our sleep deprived minds were unable or unwilling to absorb the information given to us the day before and so we went on another walk throughout the city to absorb the sights and get some of the history. However having not had breakfast most of us to the opportunity to pick up a fruit cup from the stands at piazza erbe. Saturday’s tour ended near castel vechio near which some of us grab food from a decent little shop, in order to enjoy our food within the castle courtyard. I grabbed wurstel in camicia, essentially a hotdog wrapped & cooked in dough, it was very tasty with mild flavor. After that remembering that I could recall nothing of importance from the previous day I went off in search of the university and most importantly the computer lab associated with them. I failed quite miserably in that regard, eventually walking in a large circle without being aware of it. I did however discover doner kebabs, my R.A. had previously gone on this trip and swore by them. They are in essence what we would call a gyro back in the states with slight differences in topping selection, but I was in no way disappointed by what I found and since they can be found in a number of shops throughout the city they make for a great fast food treat. The next day we took another trip through the other half of the city we did not cover on Saturday, I was certain that here too we would stop at some point and I would be able to grab a bite… We didn’t. It wasn’t till much later that I was able to grab a bite, before attempting to head to the top of the hill that over looked the city. What I was able to find was a sandwich made up of crustless white bread, meat and mayo, it was a plain sandwich to be sure, but I was in no mood to be picky. Despite its small portions I found it held me over quite well, for afterwards I walked for some hours with a couple of friends, eventually preparing for ourselves a small dinner consisting of various meats and cheeses as well as a pleasant after dinner wine.

No comments: